HIGHLIGHTS: According to a new survey, the average bridesmaid spends $642 on the bachelorette party and their dress. But groomsmen spend $926 on the bachelor party and their suit. So, $284 more than women.
FULL STORY: When you're a bridesmaid, you spend all morning getting your hair and make-up done. Meanwhile the groomsmen just hang out and get ready in 20 minutes if they need to. So this kind of evens things out . . .
According to a new survey, it actually costs MORE to be a groomsman than a bridesmaid. Here are five stats from the survey . . .
1. The average bridesmaid spends $215 on her dress, and $427 on the bachelorette party. That includes everything from travel expenses to alcohol. So that's $642.
2. The average groomsman spends $245 on his suit, and $681 on the bachelor party. So that's $926 total, which is $284 MORE than women spend . . . mostly because guys splurge more on the bachelor party.
3. The average best man spends almost twice as much on the bachelor party as the maid of honor spends on the bachelorette. $999 compared to $552.
4. 31% of groomsmen also spend at least $200 on a wedding gift, compared to just 20% of bridesmaids. And somehow, guys even spend slightly more on incidentals, like shoes and haircuts.
5. But in general, women are a little more likely to go over-budget when they're in a wedding. 32% end up spending more than they expect to, compared to 28% of men