This is sort of gross and cute at the same time. I mean, what the dog does is gross - but the girl is cute.
"America's Funniest Home Videos" posted a nine-second clip of a dog going to the bathroom. Then a little girl who looks about two-and-a-half runs up and starts patting it on the back . . . and yells, "Great job pooping!"
I'm always looking for ways to dazzle my grandkids with something entertaining which will make them think that Papa's really cool. You know, while they're young and don't know any better, I can still pull that off.
Here's a good party trick . . . just don't burn your house down because that's NOT cool. Right after you blow out a candle, try lighting the trail of smoke coming off of it. If you do it right, the flame travels down the smoke, and relights the wick.
It works because the smoke has little bits of wax in it, and that's what's burning.
I'm not sure how you teach a bird to do this, but some kid posted a video of his parrot sticking its head in his mouth . . . and pulling out a LOOSE TOOTH. According to the YouTube description, it's the fifth one it's pulled.
A WSU Cougar pitcher hit a player for Arizona State with an inside pitch on Saturday. But instead of bouncing off him, the ball got wedged under his arm. So he just tossed it back to the pitcher. The best part is the announcer, who sounds like he should be calling WWE matches instead of baseball games.
A composer in England named Ben Morfitt recently wrote a piece of music. Then he filmed himself playing all the different instruments in an orchestra, and combined them into one video. So it looks like it's an entire orchestra of just him.
There's a new video of a confused little kid seeing a payphone for the first time. He's about eight, and has no idea what he's looking at. Eventually he asks if it's an "old-fashioned" phone, and his mom can't stop laughing at him.
Here's a somewhat strange 'feel good' story. Three years ago, a 19-year-old woman in St. Petersburg, Florida named Melissa Dohme was stabbed by her boyfriend 32 times . . . and survived. Then she started dating the paramedic who saved her, a guy named Cameron HILL.
And on Monday, they got engaged.
Melissa threw out the first pitch at a Rays-Yankees game, and Cameron was supposed to bring the ball out to her on the mound. But he also brought a ring . . . wrote, "Will you marry me?" on the ball . . . and she said yes.
Back when I was a kid - 'flip-flops' were called "thongs". I have often relished grossing my kids out by insisting that they get me new thongs for father's day.
I'm okay with wearing flip-flops all the time . . .IF you buy new ones every few months, or at least wash them. When every enclosed space you're in smells like feet, it's time.
But here are six times you should NEVER wear flip-flops . . .
1. When you're walking your dog. A study in 2009 found 18,000 different types of bacteria on one pair of flip-flops, including fecal matter. Your shoes get covered with bacteria too, but just on the outside.
2. Any time you're walking a long way, or might have to run. A 2008 study found that flip-flops make you take shorter strides, so you're more likely to fall. And it can also lead to problems with your knees, hips, ankles, and spine.
3. When you're mowing the lawn . . . for obvious reasons. Actually, you should wear shoes for pretty much any type of yard work.
4. When you're cooking. You have to worry about things like boiling water, grease splatters, and knives you might drop.
5. Anywhere that's crowded. Eventually some guy in steel-toed boots will step on your foot, and you'll understand why. And again . . . you have to worry about the foot smell.
6. When you're driving. It's not actually illegal, that's a myth. But a lot of people think it SHOULDbe, because they can fall off and get wedged under the pedals.